Top 50 International Yoga Day Quotes With Images – Yoga Quotes And Slogans With Images: Yoga is a 5,000-year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice Having its origin in India, Which Aims to transform both body and mind. On December 11 in 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21st as the International Day of Yoga. The declaration came after the call for the adoption of June 21st as International Day of Yoga by Honorable Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi during his address to UN General Assembly on September 27, 2014, wherein he stated: “Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies the unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and nature.
International Day of Yoga 2017 (World Yoga Day)
World Yoga Day or International Day of Yoga will be celebrated by the people throughout the world Third time on 21st of June in 2017, on Wednesday.
History of World Yoga Day
Celebrating yoga day all over the world as World Yoga Day or International Day of Yoga on 21st of June every year was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on 11th of December in 2014. The declaration was done after the call by the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi to the United Nations General Assembly on 27th of September in 2014 during his address to the UN General Assembly. He calls the United Nations General Assembly for adopting 21st of June as an International Yoga Day to get all the benefits of yoga for the people all around the world.
The declaration of International Day of Yoga is the great moment for the India in the history. It took less than three months to be declared as the World Yoga Day by the United Nations General Assembly. Narendra Modi had called for it on 27th of September in 2014 which was finally declared on 11th of December in 2014. It was first ever in the history that the initiative of any country has been proposed and implemented in the UN body within 90 days. This resolution has been adopted under the Global Health and Foreign Policy by the General Assembly in order to provide a holistic approach to the people worldwide for their health and well-being.
World Yoga Day Celebration
The celebration of the event International day of yoga is supported by various global leaders. It is celebrated by the people of more than 170 countries including USA, China, Canada, etc. It is celebrated on an international level by organizing the activities like yoga training campus, yoga competitions and so many activities to enhance the awareness about yoga benefits among common public all over the world. It is celebrated to let people know that regular yoga practice leads to the better mental, physical and intellectual health. It positively changes the lifestyle of the people and increases the level of well-being.
Top 50 Yoga Quotes With Images
1. Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace – Bhagavad Gita
2. Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom – Buddha (One of the best Inspirational Yoga quotes)
3. The world is the gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong – Swami Vivekananda
4. It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandell
6. “Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.” – Osho
7. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Mr. Yoga
8. “True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied.” – Aadil Palkhivala
9. “The chakras are very intelligent – they are like the software of the whole computer body.” – Dharma Mittra
10. “Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like the rays of the sun.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
11. “The ultimate goal of yoga is to always observe things accurately, and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later.” – T.K.V. Desikachar
12. “The world is the gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong” – Swami Vivekananda
13. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” — Sharon Gannon
14. “A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves.” — Terri Guillemets
15. “Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.” – Sri Pattabhi Jois
16. “If you choose to see everything as a miracle, then where you are right now is perfect. There is nowhere to run to; there is nothing else to do except be in this moment and allow what is to be. From that place of radical acceptance, major change can happen. The first step in any transformational experience is acceptance and surrender to the present moment, the way that it is. From that place we have the awareness, humility and power to change what is.” – Mastin Kipp
Best Yoga Quotes
17. “Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
18. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built.” – Rumi
19. “The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships.” – T.K.V. Desikachar
20. “Yoga is not a workout, it is a work in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.” – Rolf Gates
21. “Do your practice and all is coming.” – Sri Pattabhi Jois
22. “Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success.” — Svatmarama
23. “When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
24. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
25. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” — Jason Crandell
26. “Yoga is 99 percent practice and one percent theory.” -Sri Pattabhi Jois
27. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” – Yogi Bhajan
28. “For me, yoga is not just a workout – it’s about working on yourself.” – Mary Glover
29. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
30. “Have only love in your heart for others. The more you see the good in them, the more you will establish good in yourself…” – Paramahansa Yogananda
31. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandell
32. “ Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built.” – Rumi
33. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” – Sharon Gannon
34. “Before you’ve practiced, the theory is useless. After you’ve practiced, the theory is obvious.” — David Williams
35. When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath – Hatha Yoga Pradipika
36. When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world – K.S. Iyengar
37. Exercises are like prose, whereas yoga is the poetry of movements. Once you understand the grammar of yoga; you can write your poetry of movements – Amit Ray
38. “Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.” — Rolf Gates
39. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” – Sharon Gannon
40. Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one’s being, from bodily health to self-realization. Yoga means the union of body with consciousness and the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day to day life & endows skill in the performance of one’s actions – K.S. Iyengar
41. “Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.” – Yoga Sutras
42. “In stillness, all conflict must end.” – Phillip Urso
43. ”To perform every action artfully is yoga.” – Swami Kripalu
44. Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
45. When you don’t have any money, the problem is food. When you have money, it’s sex. When you have both, it’s health – Marilyn Monroe
46. Be at least as interested in what goes on inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.” – Eckhart Tolle
47. “Don’t forget to breathe!”
48. ”The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war.” – Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
49. “A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves.” – Jay Fields
50. “Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu. May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.”
International Yoga Day Slogans
Yoga: the origin of India!
Integrity, For A More Beautiful World
Live The Life You Love
Move, Stretch, Strengthen, And Simply Let Go
Yoga was originated in India but practiced widely.
Yoga is a discipline and meditation.
Yoga relaxes body internally and externally; and provides calm effect!
Yoga is spiritually connected to Indian people.
Begin Your Journey To A Better Life With Peace, Love, Beauty, And Happiness
You must control your breathe while practicing yoga.
Yoga: a boon to people on earth!
Yoga takes nothing but gives you health and fitness.
Yoga takes no payment but pays you fitness in return.
Begin To Breathe
Bend It Like Bikram
Practice yoga and find your inner peace.
Go With The Flow
Practice yoga and meet your soul.
Yoga makes you satisfied in all means.
You can better control your five senses through yoga.
For Peace Of Mind, A Better Body, And Sanity In A Hectic World
Get The Gear That Never Gives Up
Yoga is a blessing to us to get maintained whole life without getting paid.
Yoga: the best way to health and fitness!
Yoga is 100% natural without any side effect.
Center Your Body And Mind, Stretch The Possibilities
Release your anger and improve concentration through yoga.
Practice yoga and release your toxins out.
Teach yoga to needy ones in your area and promote its use.
Yoga provides us strength and strengthens our immunity system.
Yoga cures many diseases and hormonal misbalance.
Yoga helps you to find real peace and happiness.
Get Your Down Dog On!
Practice yoga and get relief of your anxiety and depression.
Reduce stress and improve your stamina through yoga.
Let your stress stretched out through yoga!
Give your body, mind and soul a natural boost.
Breathe, Relax And Be Still
Yoga is a live blessing of God to us!
BODY And SOUL A Balanced Role
Join International Day of Yoga to include yoga in your life.
Join International Day of Yoga to widely promote yoga among people.
If you really enjoyed this collection on Top 50 International Yoga Day Quotes – Yoga Quotes And Slogans With Images then share this post URL with your friends, near and dear one.This can be possible through different social media profile like Facebook, Whatsapp, twitter or google plus. If you Like these Yoga Quotes then tell us in comment box which one you like the most.