St. Patrick’s Day Sayings and Blessings | Saint Patrick’s Day Blessings: St Patrick’s Day is celebrated on 17 March across the world to commemorate the death anniversary of the patron saint of Ireland. The day also marks the arrival of Christianity in the country. Irish themed parties, alcoholic drinks, and food are commonplace to mark the day as people celebrating the day are often seen sporting green clothes. Large street parades are often organized in many cities. In the US, large parades are held in cities such as Chicago, Boston, Houston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Denver, New Orleans and more.
The most prominent symbols of the day are the Shamrock, the leaf of the clover plant, which is considered to be a symbol of the Holy Trinity. Other symbols to mark the day includes the green, orange and white flag of the Republic of Ireland, brands of beer associated with Irish culture and almost anything that is green in color.
St. Patrick’s Day Sayings and Blessings
Here are top sayings and Irish blessings to celebrate the St. Patrick’s Day.
1. May you always walk in the sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door – Irish Blessing
2. May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door.” – Irish Blessing
3. St Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time – a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic. – Adrienne Cook
4. There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were. – Saying
5. In heaven there is no beer, that’s why we drink it here! – Saying
6. St Patrick – one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish. – Charles M Madigan
7. May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent. – Irish Blessing
8. Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that have stuck by you. – Irish Proverb
9. If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough. – Irish saying
10. We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English. – Winston Churchill
11. Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy
Image Source: Cross Cards
12. That’s what the holidays are for – for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn’t that the Irish way? – Lara Flynn Boyle
13. May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night – Irish Blessing
14. What do you get when you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover? A rash of good luck. – Unknown.
15. For each petal on the shamrock, This brings a wish your way – Good health, good luck, and happiness, For today and every day. – Unknown
St. Patrick’s Day Quotes and Blessings
Check out the best collection of St. Patrick’s Day Quotes which include blessings, Quotes for Friends, Quotes about Love, Friendship Quotes, and much more.
You’ve got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket – you might have caught a fish. – Darrell Royal
“The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill.”
It is better to spend money like there’s no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there’s no money!
“It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life.”
“All the world’s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.” – Sean O’Casey
“The shamrock is a religious symbol. St. Patrick said the leaves represented the trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. That’s why four leaf clovers are so lucky, you get a bonus Jesus.” – Stephen Colbert
“Making it [St. Patrick’s Day] a great day for the Irish, but just an ok day if you’re looking for a quiet tavern to talk, read or have a white wine spritzer.” – Jon Stewart
Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family. – Joseph Brodsky
“Who gossips with you will gossip of you.” Irish Toast
May you die in bed at ninety-five years, shot by a jealous husband (or wife).
“I come from an Irish Family. St. Patrick’s Day was our big holiday. The night before we’d hang up our stockings and in the morning they’d be full of beer.” – Sean Morey
There are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were.
Overheard At The St. Patrick’s Day Parade
“Hey, a leprechaun. Oh, sorry mayor.” “How did I get here and where are my pants?” “When do they drop the ball?” -David Letterman
St. Patrick’s Blessings For Friends and Family
Here’s to a long life and a merry one
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer and another one!
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night,
O Ireland isn’t it grand you look
like a bride in her rich adorning?
And with all the pent-up love of my heart
I bid you the top o’ the morning!
May the lilt of lush laughter lighten ever road,
May the midst of Irish magic shorten every road.
May you taste the sweetest pleasures
that fortune ever bestowed,
And may all your friends remember
all the favors you are owed.
Go MBean Nai Dia Duit
(May God Bless You)
May your home always be too small to hold all your friends.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.
If you’re enough lucky to be Irish…
You’re lucky enough!My wild Irish rose
The sweetest flower that grows
You may search everywhere
But none can compare to my wild Irish rose
My wild Irish rose
The sweetest flower that grows
Someday for my sake she may let me take
A bloom from my wild Irish rose
‘Tis better to buy a small bouquet
And give to your friend this very day,
Than a bushel of roses white and red
To lay on his coffin after he’s dead.
St. Patrick’s Day Sayings, Blessings, Images
If you really enjoyed this collection on St. Patrick’s Day Sayings and Blessings | Saint Patrick’s Day Blessings then share this post URL with your friends, near and dear one.This can be possible through different social media profile like Facebook, Whatsapp, twitter or google plus.