Top 30 Armed Forces Day Quotes With Images: Armed Forces Day! A day, the best to celebrate for Our Nation’s Real and superheroes. Armed Forces Day honors the men and women who are currently serving the U.S. at home and abroad. The day, which falls on the third Saturday on 20 May, is typically marked by events and ceremonies that observe the sacrifices made by those in uniform.
The day was first observed in 1950 following the creation of the Department of Defense in 1949, which put all of the branches of the Armed Forces – the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy – under one department. In a speech announcing the first Armed Forces Day 2017, President Harry Truman said the day “marks the first combined demonstration by America’s defense team of its progress…towards the goal of readiness for any eventuality. It is the first parade of preparedness by the unified forces of our land, sea, and air defense.” Armed Forces Day events Saturday include large parades, motorcycle rides with a “Support the Troops” theme, music and military air shows.
Top 30 Armed Forces Day Quotes With Images
Today we can say so many thank you to our Nation’s army for protecting us all the time whether it is day or night they always awake to fight to take care of our nation. Here we salute all the army for protecting their nation from their enemies, we also collected super Quotes to wish them and say them thank you from the bottom of our heart so wish them from the collection of Armed Forces Day Quotes 2017.
1. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.”
– Gen. Douglas MacArthur
2. “American soldiers in battle don’t fight for what some president says on T.V., they don’t fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag…they fight for one another.”
– Lt. Col. Hal Moore
3. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
– President Dwight D. Eisenhower
4. “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place – police, firefighters and members of our armed forces.”
– Sidney Sheldon
5. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.”
– Thomas Campbell
6. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.”
– David Hackworth Li
7. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
– Cynthia Ozick
8. “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
– José Narosky
9. “The United States armed forces and coalition troops deserve recognition and support for their work to remove Saddam Hussein from power, and ensure the safety and security of the American people, civilians abroad, and the people of Iraq.”
– Mark Kennedy
10. “I extend my deepest gratitude to our Armed Forces and first responders serving both at home and abroad in the war on terrorism.”
– John Doolittle
11. “You know, 1% of us is in the armed forces, protecting the other 99, and they’re all volunteers.”
– Benjamin Walker
12. “Thank God we’re going to try to continue and effectively defend our frontiers with the Border Patrol, with the Customs Department, with the Coast Guard, with the Armed Forces.”
– Barry McCaffrey
13. “Our men and women in our armed forces are the real heroes in this conflict.”
– Wayne Allard
14. “Let us also reflect on the honorable service of our men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces currently serving our country overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan, and around the world.”
– John Linder
15. “As to the advantages of temperance in the training of the armed forces and of its benefits to the members of the forces themselves, there can be no doubt in the world.”
– William Lyon Mackenzie King
16. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.”
– James Allen
17. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.”
– Minot J. Savage
18. “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender or submission.”
– John F. Kennedy
19. “The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem.”
– Aaron Kilbourn
20. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.”
– David Hackworth Li
21. “If the enemy is in range, so are you”.
– Infantry Journal
22. “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
– George Orwell
23. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.”
– Dwight D. Eisenhower
24. “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”
– Thomas Jefferson
25. “There is no security in this life. There is the only opportunity.”
– Gen. Douglas MacArthur
26. “One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.”
– Albert Einstein
27. “To lead uninstructed people to war is to throw them away.”
28. “The more comfort the less courage there is.”
– Field Marshal Prince Aleksandr V. Suvorov
29. “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
– George Patton
30. “Always forgive your enemies–nothing annoys them so much.”
– Oscar Wilde
USA Armed Forces Day Quotes
Our Men and Women in our Armed Forces are the Real Heroes in this Conflict.
He/She Loves His/Her Country Best who Strives to make it Best.
This Nation will Remain the Land of the Free only so Long as it is the Home of the Brave.
No Duty is more Urgent than that of Returning Thanks.
From Time to Time, the Tree of Liberty must be Watered with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots.
You know, 1% of Us are in the Armed Forces, Protecting the other 99, and they’re all Volunteers.
My Heroes are those who Risk their Lives Every Day to Protect Our World,
And make it a Better Place: Police, Firefighters, and Members of Our Armed Forces.
The Patriot’s Blood is the Seed of Freedom’s Tree.
The Brave Die Never, though they Sleep in Dust; Their Courage Nerves a Thousand Living Men.
People Sleep Peaceably in their Beds at Night only because, Rough Men Stand Ready to do Violence on their Behalf.